Show Us Your Artistic Side
There’s a new ingredient added to this year’s Shrimp & Grits: The Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival. For the first time, the poster for this year’s festival will be awarded to that special artist who submits the best artwork determined by the online voting public. Artists from around the region and beyond will submit their vision for official Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival poster and Jekyll Island will present the top 5 to be voted on via an online voting mechanism.
Final submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by June 30, 2014.
• Jekyll Island will pay artist 20% of proceeds of poster sales generated during the festival.
• Fee waived for exhibit space with electricity to showcase and sell other works of art.
• Artist will attend Limited Edition (pre-set number of signed and numbered) poster signing event during festival hours.
• Artist will receive the artist 20 complimentary posters.
• Artist will receive 2 complimentary VIP booklets.
• Artists may submit one acrylic painting, oil painting, or watercolor art which reflects the essence of of Shrimp & Grits: The Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival on Jekyll Island.
• The top five will be required to submit actual artwork which will be returned by Jekyll Island.
• Online voting commences July 15, 2014 and winner announced.
• Poster will be marketed extensively online through Jekyll Island’s online platforms and printed advertisements.
• Artwork featured on billboard at entrance to Jekyll Causeway and artist promoted in festival guide distributed in Brunswick News and at festival.
• Jekyll Island will reproduce a yet determined number of copies of artist’s work as the Shrimp & Grits Festival gift poster (24” x 36”) with final proof (festival name and dates may be added) to artist before printing.
• Jekyll Island has the right to feature artwork on festival poster, tee-shirts and gifts to be sold during and after the festival with no further compensation to the artist.